Sew What? Inc. Shipping Policy
- F.O.B. is the origin of the goods, which may include our warehouse or that of a product manufacturer or other supplier. Customer assumes responsibility for shipment at the time the order leaves our warehouse or that of the product manufacturer or other supplier.
- All shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. Sew What? Inc. will provide an estimate of the shipping cost on the Order Confirmation. However, actual shipping charges may differ and will be billed after the order has shipped.
- Fed Ex Ground is used for most shipments unless otherwise indicated or requested. Oversized or heavier items may ship via common carrier.
- For expedited shipping, please indicate your preferred level of service (such as overnight or 2-day) at the time of order. Changes to the level of service will be accommodated whenever possible if the order has not yet shipped. Please be aware that expedited shipping may not be available for oversized or heavier items.
- Lead times prior to shipping vary depending on the specific item(s) ordered. The estimated ship date for a specific order will be listed on the Order Confirmation.
- Sew What? Inc. ships within the United States only. Orders shipping outside the United States will be accommodated, but all shipping arrangements must be made by the customer.
- Should goods be lost, damaged or stolen after assignment of responsibility to the customer, Sew What? Inc. will make every effort, within reason, to assist the customer to resolve the issue. Please report any shipping problems by contacting Sew What? Inc. to request a copy of our Damaged/Lost/Stolen Goods Report so that we can determine the best course of action.
- Customers are advised to inspect all packages for both visible and concealed damage prior to signing for and/or accepting packages.
Sew What? Inc. Product Return Policy
Sew What? Inc. continually strives to provide the best customer service and customer satisfaction and therefore will accept returns of qualified products.
Sew What? Inc. is unable to accept returns on “Special Order” items (except where defective), which includes all sewn drapery/fabric products, cut yardage, ADC Curtain Track and Track Components, and Digitally Printed products.
However, Sew What? Inc. will accept returns on products not designated as “Special Order” items, under the following conditions:
- Customer must contact Sew What? Inc. within 10 business days from the date of product receipt to request a return.
- No returns will be accepted without a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number and must be received by Sew What? Inc. no later than 30 days from the date that the RMA number is issued.
- RMA number must be clearly labeled on the outside of the return shipment container.
- Products must be returned “freight prepaid” by the customer, and no refund will be made to the customer for freight costs.
- Products must be in new and unused condition.
- A restocking fee of 25% will be assessed on all returned products.
- Upon inspection of returned product, and if all conditions are met, Sew What? Inc. will issue a refund for the original cost of the returned product(s) less the 25% restocking fee.
- For orders originally paid by credit card or debit card, the refund will be processed in the form of a credit toward the same credit card or debit card. For orders originally paid by cash or cash equivalent (check, cashier’s check, or wire transfer), a refund check will be mailed to the customer.
Defective Products Policy
Sew What? Inc. is committed to providing products of the highest quality. In the event that the customer believes that a product is defective or otherwise has not been manufactured according to the customer’s specifications, the following conditions apply:
- The customer must contact Sew What? Inc. within 10 business days from the date of product receipt to file a defective products claim.
- Sew What? Inc. may request that the item be returned and/or that digital photographs or other evidence of defect be provided.
- No returns will be accepted without a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number. Should Sew What? Inc. request the return of defective products, the customer will be informed at the time the RMA number is issued as to the appropriate return shipping method.
- The RMA number must be clearly labeled on the outside of the return shipment container.
- Defective products must be received by Sew What? Inc. no later than 30 days from the date that the RMA number is issued.
- Defective products will be either replaced or repaired, at the discretion of Sew What? Inc.
- Original shipping charges will not be refunded; however, shipping charges will not be charged to the customer for replacement or repaired products.
WARRANTY; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Unless otherwise stated, Sew What? Inc.’s products are guaranteed against defects in materials and workmanship for thirty (30) days from the date of the invoice. THIS WARRANTY COMPRISES THE SOLE AND ENTIRE WARRANTY PERTAINING TO ITEMS PROVIDED HEREUNDER. SELLER MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTY, GUARANTEE, OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER. ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR PURPOSE, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR ARISING BY OPERATION OF LAW, TRADE USAGE, OR COURSE OF DEALING ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER ON ITEMS BUILT OR ACQUIRED, WHOLLY OR PARTIALLY, TO BUYER’S DESIGNS OR SPECIFICATIONS.
Limitation of Remedy: SELLER’S LIABILITY ARISING FROM OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE ITEMS SOLD OR THIS CONTRACT SHALL BE LIMITED EXCLUSIVELY TO REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF THE ITEMS SOLD OR REFUND OF THE PURCHASE PRICE PAID BY BUYER, AT SELLER’S SOLE OPTION. IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS ARISING FROM OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR ITEMS SOLD HEREUNDER, WHETHER ALLEGED TO ARISE FROM BREACH OF CONTRACT, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY, OR IN TORT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE, FAILURE TO WARN OR STRICT LIABILITY.
Any designation of Flame Retardant (FR), durably flame retardant (DFR), inherently flame retardant (IFR) or permanently flame retardant (PFR) indicates that Sew What ? Inc. has received a certificate from the manufacturer, supplier, provider or treater of the fabric indicating that the manufacturer, supplier, provider or treater has taken steps to qualify the fabric for such designation. Sew What? Inc. is a fabricator of products from fabrics provided by others and is not a manufacturer, supplier, provider, or treater of fabrics.
Sew What? Inc. does not warrant that any Sew What? Inc. product meets any local, state or federal standards or regulations for flame retardancy or any other requirements applicable to the purchaser’s use. A designation of FR refers to NFPA 701 standards only. The purchaser of Sew What? Inc. products is responsible for determining whether any requirements, certificates, or designations apply to the purchaser’s use of products, including but not limited to NFPA 701 certification, New York City regulations, or California state regulations. Unless indicated in writing by Sew What? Inc., Sew What? Inc. products are not registered with the Fire Department of the City of New York or registered with the Fire Marshal of the State of California. Regulations and procedures vary according to the specific location in which the fabric will be used, and not all cities, states, and venues accept NFPA 701 certification.
Yearly onsite NFPA 705 Field Test by a certified tester is recommended by Sew What? Inc. and may be required by the end user’s State or Local Fire Marshal.
Costs and coordination of annual NFPA 705 Field Test and any resulting re-spray application of flame retardancy chemicals are the responsibility of the end user.